small, fast and cross-platform flat-file database for python

Tim Churches tchur at
Mon Nov 24 09:25:58 CET 2003

Brian Kelley wrote:
> I have successfully used metakit in a fairly large application and
> couldn't be happier with the results.  The best thing about metakit is

> that you can view millions of records in a nice view with ease:

Really millions of records? The metakit documentation warns that its
efficiency starts to decline dramatically above about 250,000 records,
and in testing I found that was true, and at 1 million records it became
really slow.

Tim C