Leo + Python: the ultimate scripting tool: Conclusion

Jegenye 2001 Bt jegenye2001 at fw.hu
Sun Nov 9 14:16:58 EST 2003

Edward K. Ream <edreamleo at charter.net> wrote in message
news:vqqq2mk11je1e6 at corp.supernews.com...

> One thing I mustn't forget to mention: Rodrigo B. is working on "Leo on
the
> Net" (LeoN for short).  This will allow collaborative editing over the net
> of a single .leo file.  This is based on recent computer science research
> and is leading-edge stuff.  This is real.  See the screen shots at:
> http://ryalias.freezope.org/souvenirs/leon/et2003 I would like Rodrigo to
> present his work at PyCon 2004. We shall see :-)  For more details search
on
> LeoN on Leo's SourceForge forums.
>
> Much of the reason for the 4.x code base is to support such things.
>
> Edward

Thanks, Edward, I'll check out this. But before that a little ranting..
Speaking of a multi-user version, security comes to mind.
Like you described, the scripts are omnipotent within the .leo files and
itself Leo..  and this is no problem if I use my own outlines.
However when it comes to collaborating and sharing outlines... well, you
know.  (You just cannot check each and every line in that way cool outline
someone wrote.)
Then we have the Microsoft (macro virus) symptom.
So I wonder  how this is going to be addressed with LeoN...  This is not
easy, say, the Bastion/rexec thing was removed from Python...
Zope has its own access right management and that could be perhaps used
somehow and most importantly in a transparent way..

Best,
  Miklós