a python book hint

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Wed Nov 12 19:19:35 EST 2003

In article <_fydneqCioX5Ki-iRVn-iw at comcast.com>,
Aubrey Hutchison <abhjrpe at comcast.net> wrote:
			.
>It appears that if you want to read about
>   1)--perl
>   2)--"C"
>   3)--jokes in a techinical book
>   4)-- British TV
>   5)-- Family history stuff
>   6)-- and so on.....
>then purchase any of the sorted books on Python.
>
>But if you want a book like, for example the manuals of the old
>Microsoft Quickbasic which sticks to the core subject, that presents
>Python such as;
>  "This is Python"
>the book is hidden in the market place or has not been written yet.
>I have search and amoung all I have collected, you still need to use
>more than one to fully understand or use Python.
			.
			.
			.
?  I don't think I understand.  I believe you're saying that
such books as *Python in a Nutshell*, *Core Python Program-
ming*, *Text Processing in Python*, *Learn to Program Using
Python*, ... fail to "stick to the core subject".  Do I have
that right?  What do you see as examples of this fault?
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net