Dave Benjamin ramen at
Wed Nov 12 22:05:26 CET 2003

In article <botvam$p72$06$1 at>, Peter Otten wrote:
> Peter Hansen wrote:
>> With a large enough palette, you could just reuse the same variable
>> name for everything, needing only to respect the proper colour for
>> correct behaviour.  Imagine never having to think up variable names
>> more complicated than "foo".
>> def foo(foo, foo):
>>     foo = foo +
>>     return [foo for foo in foo( if foo != foo]
>> (I can't show the proper colourization of the above in the primitive
>> Usenet medium, so you'll just have to trust me that it works...)
>> Yes, definitely not a bad idea...  ;-)
> See
> about the now overdue "click-and-sniff" computers.
> So, with technology fast advancing, you'd probably better start training
> your dog to track down bugs and, ahem... code smells. On the internet,
> everybody will know you're coding without a dog soon :-)

Hah! With luck, we can reduce the entire discipline of refactoring to merely
applying a perfume bottle to our monitors. We can start a business around
aromatherapy-oriented programming! I can almost smell it now... =)

.:[ dave benjamin (ramenboy) -:- -:- ]:.
: d r i n k i n g   l i f e   o u t   o f   t h e   c o n t a i n e r :