PIL and jpg -> png conversion, do I really need java for this???

Maxim Khesin max at cNvOiSsiPoAnMtech.com
Wed Nov 19 15:44:24 EST 2003

Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys, GE Interlogix) wrote:

> Guys, I gave up.
>
> I can't figure out why the PNG converted in PIL won't work in the MIDP applications written in Java. There is something different but I really don't know what.
> All PNG generated from ImageMagick, GIMP or whatever, they work fine, from PIL, no.
> The conversion in Java using JIMI works fine as well.
> The option of executing scripts from Python using these external tools is not really what I like.

What platform are you working on?
if it's windows/linux you could probably python-wrap (I recommend
boos.python) CxImage
http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/cximage.asp
- it's about time someone did it anyway!
max.