Get more from Google (was: programming languages (etc) "web popularity" fun)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at
Wed Nov 12 23:49:21 CET 2003

"Nick Vargish" <nav+posts at> wrote in message
news:m3fzgtlj78.fsf at
> To drag this thread kicking and screaming back onto topic, does
> know what Google uses Python for, and to what extent?

I *assume* that they use it for relatively quickly prototyping
new/experimental features.  The ability to test things quickly and
keep ahead of the competition is part of their competitive advantage.
Things put into production use are legitimately (in an economic sense,
for quick response and CPU farm savings) rewriten in C?? and I presume
they do.