from python1.5.2 to pytghon2.2.2

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at
Thu Nov 6 19:44:25 CET 2003

Alberto Mantovani <alberto.mantovaniNOSPAM at> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a lot of scripts written in python1.5.2 that I have to bring in
> python2.2.2 , someone could give me some informations about the sintax
> differences between the two versions?.

The syntax is the same, except for a new keyword (maybe two).  The
_semantics_ have changed somewhat and lots of new features (library
stuff) is included.

See AMK's "What's New" write-ups on for the details.

If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.
    -- Old Irish Saying
www:            jabber: dman at