Rekall not longer available from theKompany.com - a fabrication

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Sat Nov 1 05:57:46 EST 2003

Shawn Gordon wrote:
> John cannot legally sell the Rekall software, nor does he own it.

*OUCH* -- with you claiming this against them, and they claiming the
same against you, we're exactly in the situation where any potential
customer will run away from Rekall and back into MS Access _fast_...
who needs to risk lawsuits?!  Unlikely as it may be, given the current
appearance of enmity, I sure hope you and them can come to some kind
of agreement on this "detail" and make a joint announcement about it,
otherwise, this may just be the Knell of Death for Rekall in the
corporate market, and nobody ain't gonna make any money from it, no
matter who's right and who's wrong about the present controversy.

I do sometimes get asked for advice about "an Access-like product
that's cross-platform" and the like, but I couldn't in good faith
suggest Rekall if I thought that could potentially send the purchaser
into the midst of a legal controversy.  Sigh.

Alex