Structured Text or ReStructured Text Viewer

David Boddie davidb at
Thu Nov 13 01:57:47 CET 2003

Dinu Gherman <gherman at> wrote in message news:<mailman.656.1068639981.702.python-list at>...
> Hoang:
> > yes, I ran across that in my search and was very unhappy that it
> > was only for the Mac.  I wonder if the tool was written in Python.
> Sure it is! As it comes with full source code you can take it and
> port it to something else, if you want. Here is another teasing
> candidate: ;-) It's not
> unlikely, though, that these might work soon on GNUstep, too...

For those using KDE, particularly with PyKDE, there's another option
(long URL alert):

I keep generating snapshots of the component mentioned in the
referenced discussion. However, it was only recently that I got round
to wrapping David Goodger's HTML writer for ReST to produce a
ludicrously small plugin module for my Wiki KPart.

Some issues remain with its integration into Konqueror but, hopefully,
these will be ironed out over time.