a python book hint

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Wed Nov 12 12:06:22 EST 2003

Eduardo Patto Kanegae wrote:

#-  so, my question finally is: what book could be for a Python
#- beginner - but NOT a programming beginner - which intends to
#- develop *windowed* Python programms and intends to develop
#- for Windows and for Linux?

*My* recomendation is first to start programming in Python, then go GUI.

For Python specifically, I think the best "learning roadmap" is:

	1. The basic tutorial: http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/
	2. Dive into Python: http://diveintopython.org/

You may want to read this (short) page: http://www.python.org/topics/learn/,
where answers your question less subjetivally.

Then, for GUI, you need to choose on what you will work: Tkinter, GTK+, QT,
wxWindows, etc... Each one has its advantages and disadvantages, you must
specify your needs if want some help there.

And always, of course, post your questions to the list!

.	Facundo