best Wx editor

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 20 16:23:10 EST 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:19:58 -0600, Jason Tesser wrote:
> What is the best overall ide studio that can be used to develop
> crossplatform apps (win,linux,mac) for python?

wxGlade is usable for development of the static portions of the GUI.
It is rather new and has some bugs and limitations, but I used it
quite happily in the spring for a school project.  (I was learning wx
at the same time).  I found wxGlade easier to understand and achieve
results than wxDesigner or Boa.  Boa did help me a little, though.
wxDesigner isn't "Free", btw.

For coding, UNIX is the best :-).  (vim as editor, cvs for source
control, python for execution, ls/cp/mv/grep/<etc.> for file
management, you get the picture)

--
Q: What is the difference between open-source and commercial software?
A: If you have a problem with commercial software you can call a phone

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org