Matrix - Metaphors, Analogies and the REAL

Scott Chapman scott_list at mischko.com
Mon Nov 10 16:15:55 EST 2003

On Monday 10 November 2003 12:30, 3seas wrote:
> Its in python code
>
> http://threeseas.net/vic/vic/
>
> --
> 3 S.E.A.S -- Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC)
> Changing how we preceive and use computers
> email @ translate not to net, remove capitol letters, one .
> web @ http://threeseas.net

If it's a Python-related announcement, it should go on Python Announce.

If it's a python issue, it should go here.

If it's a Matrix issue, it should not go here.

Your email was not a Python-related announcement.  The blog entry it
points to was not Python-related. There was no Python-related content
in your email.  I think that adds up to off-topic.  This would have
probably gone mostly unnoticed except for your attitude.

If everyone posted their latest advertisement for some pet web site that
happened to be written in python, we'd be flooded with CLEARLY
OFF-TOPIC posts regarding CLEARLY OFF-TOPIC subject matter.

Post your pet web site posts where they are on-topic.

Finally, if you _are_ going to post off-topic and you've gotten
"bitched" at in the past, please don't respond with a bad attitude post
like the one that started this thread.  Do you really think such
attitudes will be of any value in furthering your ends in any way?  Why
not learn from your mistakes?

Post your pet web site posts in an appropriate manner.

You don't owe the list any further details about the nature of the web
site.  I think you owe the list an apology and a different pattern of
behavior in the future.

You joined this list as an adult understanding that it exists with
certain criteria which you, being a member of the list, are supposed to
honor.  Police yourself so that the list doesn't have to.  We have work
to do.

' Hoping you get smarter as you get older, not just older.

Scott