Python's simplicity philosophy

Robin Becker robin at
Wed Nov 12 09:28:29 CET 2003

In article <17lsb.109042$fl1.4548960 at>, Georgy
Pruss <SEE_AT_THE_END at> writes
>"Michele Simionato" <mis6 at> wrote in message news:2259b0e2.0311112248.3b
>e2d304 at
>| <...>
>| in which the sequence goes *before* the operator. It is interesting to
>| notice that somebody recently suggested in the Scheme newsgroup that
>| (map function sequence)
>| was a bad idea and that
>| (map sequence function)
>| would be better!
>| <...>
>Yes, that's right. Some scientific studies proved that humans think and
>express their thoughts in order subject/object-action. So OOP is very
>"human" in this aspect, btw.
on oop in this thread nobody has pointed out that we could have

or even

sequence.filter(func) etc etc

and similar. That would make these frighteningly incomprehensible ;)
concepts seem less like functional programming. Personally I wouldn't
like that to happen.
Robin Becker