Gadfly DB in python standard library?

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Sun Nov 16 13:50:57 EST 2003

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 03:38:08 +1100,
> 	Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I believe there is still merit to including an SQL database being in
>>the standard distribution of python - personally I could live with
>>sqlite being included.
>

> +1 from me.  In retrospect, it probably would have been more useful to add
> sqlite than BerkeleyDB support to Python 2.3.

Being the primary PySQLite maintainer, that's good to hear :)

-0 from me for adding either Gadfly or PySQLite to the standard Python
distribution. I can't see any merit in this.

I also see the danger of PySQLite/Gadfly being used for purposes they're
not appropriate if they're included in the standard distribution.

-- Gerhard