Bug in glob.glob for files w/o extentions in Windows

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Sun Nov 30 09:23:54 EST 2003

Francis Avila wrote:
> Behold the awesome visage of the One True Glob (TM): (Not that I'm starting
> a holy war or anything ;)
> *.* -> Filename has a dot in it, and that dot cannot be the first or last
> char.
>        This is NOT the same as '*'!!
> .*  -> Filename has a dot as the first character.
> *.  -> Filename has a dot as the last character.
> *   -> Gimme everything.

Note that Bash doesn't behave like this either: * does not give
everything, rather it gives everything not starting with a dot. In Bash,
* really means: [!.]*

yours,
Gerrit.

--
102. If a merchant entrust money to an agent (broker) for some
investment, and the broker suffer a loss in the place to which he goes, he