python a bust?

Brandon J. Van Every try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 03:14:20 EST 2003

news:38ec68a6.0311132310.630e10e2 at posting.google.com...
news:<9eabe547.0311131610.4dd7819c at posting.google.com>...
> > I've sent several messages over the last year asking about python -
> > Who teaches python? Is python losing steam? etc. I have noticed, eg,
> > the declinng number of books at my local borders. The last time I
> > visited a borders (last week), there was 1 (sic) book about python on
> > the shelve compared to dozens on perl & java!
>

> If you were developing in Java or Perl maybe you would need dozens of
> books.  But Python is so elegant and intuitive a single one will do.
> ;)

It is still not a good sign.  If Python is so easy, and it were also
popular, then presumably people would write problem specific books "in
Python."  Do your website in Python, your database in Python, your game in
Python, your AI in Python, your laundry in Python...

--
Cheers,                          www.indiegamedesign.com
Brandon Van Every                Seattle, WA

Brandon's Law (after Godwin's Law):
"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of
a person being called a troll approaches one RAPIDLY."