Python on Powerpc

Michael Hudson mwh at
Thu Nov 6 13:39:59 CET 2003

srijit at writes:

> Hello,
> Has anyone ported Python on powerpc(ppc8xx) with Linux?

Is this some kind of embedded situation?  If you have a C compiler and
a vaguely POSIX-ish environment and a reasonable amount of memory, it
should more-or-less just work (but I have little experience in this

Python runs just fine on the PowerPC when the PowerPC is in a Mac :-)

  > It might get my attention if you'd spin around in your chair,
  > spoke in tongues, and puked jets of green goblin goo.
  I can arrange for this.  ;-)            -- Barry Warsaw & Fred Drake