What do you think of this Python logo?

Sean Ross frobozz_electric at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:43:01 EST 2003

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:3FB00D3B.2BCE081A at engcorp.com...
> "Brandon J. Van Every" wrote:
> >
> > What do you think of this Python logo?
> > http://pythonology.org/logos
> > Good, bad, indifferent, love it, hate it?
>
> Pretty slick, although at least the larger version look a lot like
> an egg being impregnated by a sperm...
>
> Has potential though.  What about minus the planet?
>
> -Peter

I don't mind the snake, but I would lose the planet ("Python is taking over
the world!" ... ahem ... right ... ok, then ...), and perhaps add eyes, so
it looks less like sperm. I would also probably move the snake logo into the
text to replace the 'O' in Python. (I think I saw an early version of this
where that was done). It's odd - sure, it's a coiled snake beside the word
"Python" but, for some reason, they don't really seem to have anything to do
with one another. At least, not to me.

Anyway. If I could draw, I would probably try to make the snake in the shape
of the letter "P" - something like this
http://chat.carleton.ca/~sross/py.JPG (only not drawn with a mouse in
MSPAINT, like this was :). Kind of a cross between "GAP" and the Portishead
logo - um, but with a snake. Slick it up a bit and it might make a good
T-Shirt ... or, not ...

OK, so, good luck with whatever it is you're doing,
Sean

p.s.

The logo at python.com (yeah, _that_ python.com) with the green, bared-fang
snake, and the electrified "Powered by Python" is pretty cool (though not
really corporate, which is what it looks like you're after). Too bad it's on
a porn site ...