Pychecker under Windows

Duncan Smith buzzard at
Wed Nov 26 16:35:00 CET 2003

"Kylotan" <kylotan at> wrote in message
news:153fa67.0311252016.2e02b575 at
> Is there a practical way to use Pychecker in Windows? It doesn't work
> under IDLE. (In fact, it seems to end up breaking everything, and
> every subsequent statement and expression I execute gets ignored.)
> Running it from the Python interpreter in DOS means everything scrolls
> off the screen. Ideally I'd like to redirect it to a file, or be able
> to use it in IDLE.
> --
> Ben Sizer

It seems to work for me in IDLE (well enough for my purposes, anyway).

>>> import pychecker.checker
C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\pychecker\ DeprecationWarning:
the regex module is deprecated; please use the re module
  m = imp.init_builtin(moduleName)
C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\pychecker\ DeprecationWarning:
the rotor module uses an insecure algorithm and is deprecated
  m = imp.init_builtin(moduleName)
>>> import table
C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Numeric\ Imported module
(string) not used
C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Numeric\ Local variable
(typecodes) shadows global defined on line 13
# loads of stuff relating to modules imported by table
# then the stuff I'm interested in
C:\Python23\ (vars) shadows builtin
C:\Python23\ (vars) shadows builtin