small, fast and cross-platform flat-file database for python

Eric Baker at
Fri Nov 21 19:23:00 CET 2003

"Peter Hansen" <peter at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3FBE4940.BD960E76 at
> mir nazim wrote:
> >
> > i want to know if there is any flat-file relational database system
> I'm no database expert, but aren't these two terms contradictory in
> some important way?
> -Peter

Depends what your definition if the word "is" is :)

In my early perl days, i used a simple text file based SQL "database".

Now with Python, i would probably use SQLite, which isnt exactly a "flat
text file", but still a nice lightweight database for *nix and win32 IMHO.