Bug or Feature?

Dang Griffith noemail at noemail4u.com
Mon Nov 24 12:52:06 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:13:34 +0100, Stephan Diehl
<stephan.diehlNOSPAM at gmx.net> wrote:

>This is probably more a theoretical question, but if I decide to have an
>operation within one specific domain, I want the result in that domain too.
>Otherwise, there would be no point at all to define such a numeric class at
>all.
>
>Stephan

I understand what you're saying, but there's no universal rule that
says that the result of operations between members of a set are also
members of the set.  Obvious examples include division on the set of
integers, and division over the set of real numbers, i.e.division by
zero is not a real number.
   --dang