using autoit and ctypes

Rob McMonigal r at msolutionsinc.com
Wed Nov 19 16:53:51 EST 2003

Hi,

I am using Autoit to do a little gui scripting.  I am currently using the
ActiveX version with the win32com package.  I first tried to use the dll
version with the ctypes library.  The calls work with the dll version, but I
always
get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 8, in ?
    autoit.AUTOIT_WinActivate("Inbox - Microsoft Outlook" , "")
ValueError: Procedure called with not enough arguments (8 bytes missing) or
wrong calling convention

Code is as follows
from ctypes import *

autoit = cdll.LoadLibrary("c:\\autoit\\autoitdll.dll")
autoit.AUTOIT_WinActivate("Inbox - Microsoft Outlook" , "")

Can someone tell me why I'm getting that error?

Thanks,

Rob