PEP 321: Date/Time Parsing and Formatting

Paul Moore pf_moore at
Mon Nov 17 23:05:13 CET 2003

Gerrit Holl <gerrit at> writes:

> I prefer solution 2. I think it is the most object-oriented way. And we
> already have several date/time modules: datetime, time, calendar. I think
> we should have only one, and have calendar integrated into time. I try
> to avoid using the time module whenever I can. I don't like it. It doesn't
> nicely fit into my brain, it isn't object-oriented, I think it is to much
> low-level.

Just a brief comment here - I'm not sure I see the need to be too
object-oriented here. Loading too much into classmethods of date,
time, and datetime seems clumsy (not least because everything gets
duplicated 3 times - conceptually, if not in terms of implementation).

But it's a style issue, and you'll probably always get people with
differing opinions.

This signature intentionally left blank