Problems with a programme called CyberChair

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Fri Oct 10 11:07:25 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:17:29PM -0400, Peter Hansen wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:

> > > This newsgroup/mailinglist is about programming in Python, not about
> > > application written in Python. It is unlikely that we are able to
> > > help you. You may want to contact the author of cyberChair with your
> > > problem.
> >
> > Question: How do you debug procedures in python?
>
> The same way you debug procedures in many other languages.
>
> (If you ask such a general question, you can expect such a general
> answer, or a lot of shots-in-the-dark as people attempt to read your
> mind.)
>
> If this is in reference to your original question, you might want
> to consider whether there's a remote chance that, maybe, this isn't
> a Python issue, but something to do with your server permissions or
> whatnot...
>
> For further help, check out the "pdb" module for the Python debugger.
> Also consider inserting "print" statements to help you understand
> where the problem is occurring.
>
> Inserting this code snippet just before the faulty code can help:
>
>  import pdb
>  pdb.set_trace()
>
> That way you get dropped into the interactive debugger and can
> single-step through the rest of the code, etc.

Shall try.  In the mean time, I adjusted the #!

to include the more stable version and added -d -v at the end.

I got:

Your server is not allowed to access this script. import struct # dynamically loaded from /usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/struct.so import fcntl # dynamically loaded from /usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/fcntl.so # /usr/local/lib/python2.1/plat-freebsd4/FCNTL.pyc matches /usr/local/lib/python2.1/plat-freebsd4/FCNTL.py import FCNTL # precompiled from /usr/local/lib/python2.1/plat-freebsd4/FCNTL.pyc import submit_save # from /usr/local/www/data/naiso/cgi-bin/submit_save.py # can't create /usr/local/www/data/naiso/cgi-bin/submit_save.pyc import submit_phase1 # from /usr/local/www/data/naiso/cgi-bin/submit_phase1.py # can't create /usr/local/www/data/naiso/cgi-bin/submit_phase1.pyc

What should I do next?