Whoa! Do Python and Lisp really have LAMBDA ?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Oct 26 05:40:58 EST 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:08:12 +0100, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <qrczak at knm.org.pl> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:11:05 -0700, mike420 wrote:
>
> [...]
> > I'm sure Haskell does this right. What about Scheme and ML?
>
> Indeed Haskell does this right.
>
> OCaml does this right.

Just for the record: Common Lisp also does it right. The fact that it
doesn't do what someone "expects" who hasn't read the spec doesn't
make its behaviour wrong.

As others have pointed out you can choose if you want all the closures
to capture the same binding or if you want each closure to capture a
new binding. This is a feature, not a bug.

Edi.