[OT] Inuit? Eskimo?

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Wed Oct 22 12:47:42 EDT 2003

"Andrew Dalke" <adalke at mindspring.com> wrote previously:
|When did the phrase come into use?
|also suprised about Puerto Rico in that list.

I've never heard/read Native American used as widely as Floyd suggests.
Only applying to the native peoples of the Americas.

In the case of Puerto Rico, Columbus was thoroughly exterminationist;
and likewise the rest of the Spanish conquistidor's in the Carribean
after him.  So the ENTIRE native population (Boricuas Indians) of Puerto
Rico were slaughtered outright, or died of disease.  And similarly in
most of the Western Carribean.

Yours, Lulu...

--
Keeping medicines from the bloodstreams of the sick; food from the bellies
of the hungry; books from the hands of the uneducated; technology from the