In need of c.l.p.discussion

Rune Steffensen r.steffensen at c2i.net
Fri Oct 17 03:45:42 EDT 2003

David M. Cook meditated and wrote something like this:

> In article <oprw5ly6qkvaald2 at news.c2i.net>, Rune Steffensen wrote:
>
>> I've been lurking c.l.p for a while now, and find the amount of messages
>> a bit annoying.
>
> I don't see the need.  Most posts here are on topic.  You just need the
> discipline to ignore threads once they start to drift, or to hit "mark
> all
> read" (slrn uses the 'c' key which stands for "catch up", I believe) now
> and
> then.

Believe me, I do have that discipline, I just find it a bit tiresome.
Also, one of the weaknesses of my client (Opera, m2), is that you have to
do this kind of deletion one time for each level of a thread.

>> To solve this, I suggest the creation of the new group
>> "comp.lang.pyhon.discussions".
>> So when people post questions to c.l.p, they will get all the (more or
>> less) helpfull answers there, but as soon as a discussion arise over an
>> issue, one can Xfut to c.l.p.d.
>
> It simply wouldn't happen.  Some people would not know how to do this,
> some would forget, and some wouldn't bother.  And where is the dividing
> line?

Well, I think that this view is a bit pessimistic, if only "a bit".

Since I can count the support for my suggestion on NO hands, I can
promise you that I will suggest this never again!
On this group, that is.
And maybe.
:)

--