question: usage of __slots__

Martin Maney maney at pobox.com
Fri Oct 17 17:18:16 EDT 2003

Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> In article <698f09f8.0310151939.5692369a at posting.google.com>,
> Jeremy Fincher <tweedgeezer at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Are you claiming that Guido would, without exception, call __slots__ a
>>"premature optimization"?

> No, but I don't think he would disagree with that statement in casual
> conversation.

I dunno, greeny.  That bit about being surprised (and perhaps appalled)
at its popularity with novices suggests he might prefer to call it an
optimization for the post-mature programmer...

--
Some kinds of waste really are disgusting. SUVs, for example,
would arguably be gross even if they ran on a fuel which would