New to COM (Excel). Need a little help.

Marc mnations at airmail.net
Fri Oct 3 12:18:38 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to write an application where I need the ability to open
an Excel spreadsheet and do basic read/write, insert rows, and
hide/unhide rows. Using win32com I have been able to get the basics
down as well as some examples displaying how to simply read and write.

But the next step appears exponential. I haven never done anything in
VB, so any and all concepts and commands are completely foreign. I
have been digging through the VB help and also bought a book
specifically for Python and COM. But I don't really have time to learn
VB before I can finish my script.

Would there happen to be any pre-existing examples of the stuff I need
to do out there? Basically I need to do the things I listed above -
insert rows and columns and hide/unhide rows. I think with a few
examples of sheet manipulation I could figure out the rest.

Thanks ahead of time,
Marc