Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at netmemetic.com
Wed Oct 8 01:47:18 EDT 2003

According to Pascal Bourguignon  <spam at thalassa.informatimago.com>:
> Well,  I would say  that kanji  is badly  designed, compared  to latin
> alphabet.   The voyels  are composed  with consones  (with diacritical
> marks) and  consones are  written following four  or five  groups with
> additional diacritical  marks to  distinguish within the  groups. It's
> more a phonetic code than a true alphabet.

Kanji are ideograms borrowed from Chinese. Kanji literally means "Han
character".

I think the diacritical marks you mention are pronunciation guides, much
like Hanyu Pinyin is a Mandarin pronunciation guide for Chinese.

In Hanyu Pinyin, Kanji (read as a Chinese word phrase) is rendered "han4
zi4".

In Korean, Kanji is pronounced Hanja.

Same two-character word phrase, different pronunciations.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>

http://firewall.rulemaker.net  -+- Manage Your Firewall Rulebase Changes
http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps -+- Open Source Python Crypto & SSL