Book Recommendation

Paul Rubin http
Wed Oct 8 18:02:15 EDT 2003

Anthony <sysfault at secureb0x.net> writes:
> Ok you guys are the best I'm going to stop bugging you now and get to work
> there is just one more question i have to ask. "Michael Geary" said read
> the tutorial on python.org, but Core Python Programming covers everything
> should i read the tutorial on python.org anyway or just the book?

First, read the tutorial.  Then, if you're still confused, go look at
the book in the store and see if it answers your questions.  If it
does, buy it and read it.  If it doesn't, look for another group, ask
questions on the newsgroup, etc.

In my opinion, if you have solid experience programming in other
languages, then the tutorial and reference manual are probably all you
need to get going with Python, and you needn't bother with any books.
But if you're less experienced, you may benefit from a Python book.

Also, I'm not familiar with "Core Python Programming" but if you feel
you need a book, the first one I'd look at is "Python in a Nutshell".