php squirrelmail out of memory at ISP's webmail :-(

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Sat Oct 4 01:01:11 EDT 2003

I guess there's python at the bottom of php? Anyway, is someone here
familiar with the message that looks like

"""

                         Please purge your trash folder regularly.
                 You can do this by clicking on the (purge) link on the left.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 42 bytes) in
/vhome/common/webmail/squirrelmail-1.4.1/functions/imap_general.php on line 735

"""

IMO this is not so nice. I can't get to my mail. I can get to it via my normal Eudora,
so they suggested webmail, which worked once, and hasn't worked several times. I wonder
if there is a memory leak or mis-counting, and I just lucked out once to hit it soon
after a re-start. I could filter the mail, but I can't get the stream to filter it :-(

Sorry about the OT, but I thought maybe it could be on topic sort of if there were a
python memory leak behind it. Anyway, not happy with this, sorry. I would imagine this
has happened to a few people, so before I go chasing sourceforge squirrelmail bug stuff,
has anyone been there already and have more clue than I? TIA.

Regards,
Bengt Richter