Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Sun Oct 12 13:25:04 EDT 2003

"Andrew Dalke" <adalke at mindspring.com> writes:
> The smartest people I know aren't programmers.  What does
> that say?

I think this is vital point. CL's inaccessibility is painted as a feature of
CL by many c.l.l denizens (keeps the unwashed masses out), but IMO the CL
community stunts and starves itself intellectually big time because CL is (I
strongly suspect) an *extremely* unattractive language for smart people
(unless they happen to be computer geeks).

Apart from the fact that this yields a positive feedback loop, I'd think that
even the smart computer geeks are likely to suffer from this incestuousness in
the midrun.

'as