Windows 2.3.2 install corrupt on python.org?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sat Oct 4 13:01:52 EDT 2003

[Bert Hyman]
> I've had no other problems with files downloaded via IE6 either
> before or after this incident, and as I said, I repeated the exercise
> three times and received identical results.
>
> Ah well... Since I'm the only one it's happening to, let's chalk this
> one up as another Windoze Mystery.

There are other, nastier possibilties, which have happened before:

+ Some machine on the path you take to python.org has broken HW or
  SW, corrupting some files passing thru it.

+ You have a virus that damages downloaded .exe files.

Afraid the only thing we know for sure here is that *something* is broken
for you.  At least do a virus scan.  A good, free, one-shot virus scan can
be gotten here:

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/