Python from Wise Guy's Viewpoint

mike420 at ziplip.com mike420 at ziplip.com
Wed Oct 22 14:52:24 EDT 2003

Pascal Costanza wrote:

> ...because static type systems work by reducing the expressive power of
> a language. It can't be any different for a strict static type system.
> You can't solve the halting problem in a general-purpose language.

You keep repeating the same ignorant BS for gazillionth time! You
sound like Martelli talking about macros. Learn Haskell for fuck's
sake! You'll find that even though it's statically typed, it's also more
expressive than Lisp (you get more programming logic for each byte of code)
and it's easier to glue components together (because of purity
and monads)

(All-in-all, I prefer Lisp though. Not because it's more expressive,
but because I like Lisp REPL more than Haskell's)