wxPython log/print question

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Tue Oct 7 16:18:40 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 02:02 pm, Edward K. Ream wrote:
> Creating a wxApp object in wxPython causes all calls to print go to a fake
> console window.  This is most inconvenient if errors during startup causes
> the fake window to go away.  How can I disable this "feature" so that
> Python's print statement continues to send its output to the xp console?

Yeah, I remember that. Short-term: start with "python -i" so that the
interpreter stays running and the messages don't go away. There *is* a way to
disable this - I don't remember exactly where but do remember it wasn't too
painful to find - check the source for the wxApp class (in wx.py I think).

Try wxApp(None).

-Dave