Whence the love of Python (was: type checking)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Mon Oct 13 11:42:49 EDT 2003

			.
>> Oddly enough, I think my Python code has reflected this for some time
>> without me noticing the issue.
>
>Interesting indeed!  This kind of "you're smarter than you know" effect
>IS observed time and again, admittedly...
>

>Alex

The aptness of jokes about Guido's time-machine hints at
real quality in the language.  More often than not, or
more often than with other languages, Python seems to
treat ignorance gently.  This is a dimension of craftsman-
ship:  to do the right thing, degrees of freedom remain.

Python Does It Right.  No, better than that, Python makes
it easy to do it right.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net