i18n pot file

P at draigBrady.com P at draigBrady.com
Thu Oct 23 08:58:50 EDT 2003

anabell wrote:

> encoding your computer uses. As a starting point, you would need to
> tell us what operation system you use, and what "locale" you have
> activated on that system
>
> I reloaded my IDE, and everything is working as expected.  I use Charset
> iso-8859-1 and Transfer Encoding 8bit.
>
> My "locale" is set to user's working directly which I wrote like this:
>
>   localedir = sys.path[len(sys.path)-1]

that's the same as: localedir = sys.path[-1]

Hmm, maybe that does what you want (sometimes)
on windos only, but I don't see how it could work.

As I said privately have a look at how i18n is done in:
http://www.iol.ie/~padraiga/fslint/FSlint-2.02.tar.gz

In summary it supports local locale info like:

if running_locally:
     locale_base=os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(sys.argv[0]))
     locale_base+='/po/locale'
else:
     locale_base=None #sys default

Pádraig.