GIL in the new glossary

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 3 10:20:59 EDT 2003

Alan Kennedy:
> The amount of loud complaining and misinformation that originates from
> people who have just found out about the GIL is inversely proportional
> to the amount of factual knowledge that they have about the GIL.

Consider the statement

  The amount of loud complaining and misinformation ... about X is
  inversely proportional to the amount of factual knowledge ... about X

Isn't that generally true, even when X != GIL?  I know I've
contributed my own share of complaining and misinformation
when I'm just starting to learn an API.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com