Why don't people like lisp?

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Oct 19 00:32:15 EDT 2003

Rune Steffensen wrote:

> ...it could have something to do with its users.

more personal attacks? <yechh> what part of the thread subject do you
not understand? You are reading this thread voluntarily, and your only
contribution is bile. Super.

The fact is, Pythonistas are using python because Java (and C++) did not
meet their needs. ie, thy are not sheep. They think for themselves.
Lispniks consider such folk Deeply Worthy.

This thread arose (in a prior incarnation) only because Python merely
/considered/ macros. Some mis-characterizations of macros arose and a
few of us swung by to say those characterizations did not match our
experience. We (I) do not give a rat's ass if Python adopts macros, but
we have a ball with them and we thought Pythonistas should have the Best
Information before rejecting them.

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: