E_ACCESSDENIED problem with win32 disk quota

Werner Schiendl n17999950.temp.werner at neverbox.com
Mon Oct 27 07:47:54 EST 2003

Bart Simpson wrote:

> I have known error code -2147024891 (0x80070005) means E_ACCESSDENIED
> by someone's kind help. (Thanks Roger :)
>
> But I run PythonWin on Administrator privilege and I couldn't find any
> related method for setting permission in 'Microsoft.DiskQuota.1'
> object.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

I think this will probably similar to rebooting the PC: You will need to
acquire some kind of "Security Token".

Unfortunately I don't have the actual name for it handy :-(

So even when you have the right to do it, you need to tell windows that
you are about to do something "potentially dangerous".

hth

Werner