<> and DeprecationWarning

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 21 11:02:05 EDT 2003

    Dennis>  Though I feel comfortable with

    Dennis>       x <> y

I suspect anyone who's written significant amounts of Pascal will find it
comfortable (though I imagine that population is dwindling as CS departments
struggle to make their programs more "relevant" and bow to the gods from
Redmond).  '!=' makes more mnemonic sense if you're a C programmer, despite
being slightly harder to type.  '<>' sort of suggests 'less than or greater
than'.  Maybe it should be written as '<|>'.

I-think-we-need-a-<wink>-operator-ly, y'rs,

Skip