Python is not [yet] Considered Harmful

mike420 at ziplip.com mike420 at ziplip.com
Mon Oct 27 11:27:27 EST 2003

Hannu Kankaanp?? wrote:

> mike420 at ziplip.com wrote in message
> news:<F5PTFQP4LSMMFZJQOCN2KCOHLUACIBHXMMEJCJEO at ziplip.com>...
>> It was an honest mistake, not a troll! Still, I think it should
>> be [1, 2, 3] instead of [3, 3, 3]
>
> I don't think you understand what a troll is. Troll is someone
> who posts any of the following:
>
> 1. "Python is Considered Harmful" (given it's highly readable syntax,
> great libraries and high dynamicity, I can't see how a single
> feature could make Python 'harmful'. The title could've just been
> "Unexpected behaviour of closures inside list comprehensions")
>
> 2. "I present to you the final and ultimate proof of Python's
> brain-damage" (again, a needless attack.. which turned against
> yourself though)
>
> 3. "All this Python bashing is starting to feel like mocking
> a retarded child..." (this doesn't need explanation, I hope)

This is circular logic. Since no one else yet wrote any of
the above, what you are saying is "you are a troll, because troll
is you". I don't think you know what troll means, so you use it
like an insult ("Boo, you criticized my pet computer language, you
are a troll")

Nevertheless, let's ask the experts. If only 3 (three!) people
from alt.troll say that writing

<message-id:D5ODMGKEL3JQLZOFIJAGKINUHSIEBVOLPZKLOPNS at ziplip.com>

while believing that Python does something  very nasty, or, say,

<message-id:FTB2H3EKMGCKEAGFMAPUH4MJIBMHGNMOD5CLJSKP at ziplip.com>

(which turned into an interesting discussion, by the way!) makes
one a troll, then I'll stop :-(

{F-up2 alt.troll only is OK. I never read that newsgroup, but I'll
check the responses (and who they are from, if negative) in a
few days}