Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Mario S. Mommer m_mommer at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 04:50:11 EDT 2003

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:
> corey.coughlin at attbi.com (Corey Coughlin) writes:
>
> > Using parentheses and rpn everywhere makes lisp very easy to parse,
> > but I'd rather have something easy for me to understand and hard for
> > the computer to parse.

Intrestingly enough, I think this is a question of getting used to
it. The notation is so relentlessly regular that once you got it,
there are no more syntactical ambiguities. None. Ever.

It is the difference (for me) between reading roman numerals (that
would be the baroque-ish syntax of other languages, full of
irregularities, special cases, and interference patterns), and arabic
numerals (that would be lisp). I never have a doubt about what the
S-expr. representation encodes.