how to create type libraries for py2exe?

jwsacksteder at ramprecision.com jwsacksteder at ramprecision.com
Wed Oct 1 08:45:23 EDT 2003

I have a working COM object that registers and I can 'dispatch' correctly. I
need register a type library for this project to integrate with my
application- Crystal Reports.

I understand I need to compose an IDL file, then process that with MIDL.exe
to produce a .tlb file. That can then be add as a resource to the .dll that
py2exe creates.

HOWEVER- IDL is pretty intimidating if you don't know C++. Is there a way to
automatically generate the IDL I need? I am under urgent time pressure, so I
would prefer expediency over correctness.