Getting real argv[0] in python

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Tue Oct 28 13:52:26 EST 2003

I need to be able to obtain the real argv[0] (not the script name).
The application is writing a CUPS backend in python.  For some reason,
CUPS decided to pass the URI as argv[0] (perhaps to ensure that CUPS
will only ever run on Unix, since CUPS stands for Common *Unix*
Printing System).  The only solution I can think of is to write a C
wrapper that inserts the original argv[0] before execing python with
the script.

Is there already a way to do this that I have missed?

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>