<> and DeprecationWarning

Just just at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 20 12:51:49 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.259.1066664663.2192.python-list at python.org>,
 Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 11:21, Wojtek Walczak wrote:
> > Dnia Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:18:31 +0200, Gerrit Holl napisa³(a):
> > > the <> inequality test operator has been deprecated for a loooooong time.
> > Who said that?
>
> Well, Guido doesn't like it, but Just does, so that cancels out the Van
> Rossum vote <wink>.  I'm on Just's side though, but this is about as
> religious an argument as Pythoneers get.

I've long since given in, though... I don't like having two ways to
spell one thing any more than the next guy. In the end it's just a
matter of what you're used to, and I'm totally used to != now. (Heck,
you can even find me occasionally indenting with _spaces_, that's how
low I've sunk ;-)

> I'm confident there's no way
> <> can be officially deprecated as long as Python 2.x is alive.

That's for sure.

Just