Could a single web framework popularize Python?

ted tedNOSPAM94107 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 03:49:28 EDT 2003

Here's something I found:
http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/20030725.html#125136

Talks about finding a good web framework. Here's an excerpt:

"So in my humble opinion, it would be great if a corporate entity - bigger
and more influential than Zope - started pushing Python a bit more.
Documentation, standards, application server reference implementations, etc.
In other words, a bit more like Java. There's got to be a middle ground
between tight corporate control and open source free-for-all. Corporate
sponsership (say by IBM or even Intel or some company of that stature) would
also give a boost to its use throughout the rest of the corporate world and
maybe give a boost to the numbers of jobs looking for Python skills. The
Python people who are happy with the status quo will probably think I'm
nuts, and that's fine. I'm writing this for the teeming hoards of Java
programmers looking around for something a bit funner (and more productive)
to use who are going to run smack into the same issues I've run into."