text ui options in Python

Bill Anderson banderson at hp.com
Mon Oct 20 21:01:33 EDT 2003

A couple of years ago I wrote a small data display app in Python using
curses.

I know find myeself needing to code something with menus and such, and it
must be a TUI, GUI is not an option. So I've been doing some googling, but
not to much effect.

I've found that pyncurses was discussed as an option to swap curses module
over to. Did this happen, and if not will it and if so, when?

I've tried to compile pyncurses on RH9 but it bombs bad. The sf.net page
shows a debian user w/the same issue. Pyncurses looks dead.

I tried anygui, but it seems to just sit there and not display anything.
I'd like something higher level than curses. I've found nearly no
information on using newt, snack, or Tinter.

Any help appreciated.

Bill Anderson