Python Locales under windows

дамјан г. mk at net.mail.penguinista
Tue Oct 28 14:27:49 EST 2003

>  >>> print "%.2f" % 1024.36 # should be '1024,36'
> 1024.36

[Linux/ Python-2.3.1]
well this doesnt work under Linux neither, you need to use:

        locale.format( "%.2f", 1024.36)

after setting the locale

>  >>> string.letters #should be 54 letters here, including ñÑ
> 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'

Its the same here even afer locale was set, but maybe thats because my Linux
locale is mk_MK.UTF8

> I'm using python 2.3 under Windows XP and 2K.

There is "locale.windows_locale" that may help you, although I don't
knowwhat this dictionary is about.

--
Дамјан                                  (jabberID:damjan at bagra.net.mk)

                       There's no place like ~